There is still time to submit your abstract to the
22nd AIAA International Space Planes and
Hypersonic Systems and Technologies Conference (Hypersonics 2018). To submit, complete the following steps:
- Ensure that you have a record in the submission site. To do so, click the "Manage Submissions" button, below, log in to AIAA, and wait for the ScholarOne submission site to open. Please note that you will not be able to complete the submission process yet.
- Send an email to the
conference technical chair asking for late abstract submission.
- Once you receive notification for final submission, complete the abstract submission process in ScholarOne.
The 22nd AIAA International Space Planes and Hypersonic Systems and Technologies Conference will provide a forum for discussion and exchange of information about leading-edge research and development activities associated with space planes and hypersonic atmospheric flight vehicles and the technologies underpinning these capabilities, including national programs from North America, South America, Australia, Europe, and Asia. Topics include planned and ongoing space plane and hypersonic vehicle programs, advanced launch vehicle and hypersonic atmospheric flight vehicle concepts, commercial space tourism concepts, flight testing techniques, results, and lessons learned, reentry vehicle systems and technologies, aerodynamics and aerothermodynamics of space planes and hypersonic vehicles, MHD and plasma aerodynamic flow control techniques, rocket, ramjet, scramjet, and other advanced propulsion systems, including component technologies (e.g., inlets, combustion systems, fuel injection concepts, ignition and flameholding concepts, nozzles), high-temperature materials, hot structures and thermal protection systems, health monitoring and management technologies, and more.
Technical papers are solicited in the following topic areas:
- Missions and Vehicles
- Operational Systems Aspects
- Thermal Management Systems for Vehicles and all Subsystems
- Propulsion Systems
- Propulsion Components
- Power and Control Systems
- Materials and Structures for Vehicles and all Subsystems
- Test and Evaluation
- Computational Methods
- Hypersonic Fundamentals and History
NOTE: The Hypersonics Conference is accepting abstracts at the U.S. Only/ITAR level. To submit an abstract for an ITAR session, please use the ITAR topic area in the submission database. The ITAR sessions will be created by like topic areas. Please make sure to choose ITAR as your Presentation Type and click the appropriate boxes. For complete details on AIAA’s ITAR session, please visit the
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact